Monday, November 12, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal: 11/11/12

I have been looking for a way to keep more up-to-date on our school updating and have come across a link up that I am trying for the first time.  Hope you all enjoy!



In my life this week . . .
We found out on Wednesday our van was totaled when my husband was hit last weekend.  (no one was hurt!!)  So we have a new-to-us 2007 Chevy Uplander.  I am loving the new car!!

In our homeschool this week . . .
We have made progress in all of our subjects but no real completions.  We did start listening to Peeps at Many Lands:  Ancient Egypt byJames Baikie.  We have also started memorizing Psalms 100 and Luke 2.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share . . .
I have been reminded this week that it helps with homeschooling if you start out at HOME!!  Deep, I know but I think it is a good reminder to all of us at times!

I am inspired by . . .
The spouses of our Milatary personel.  They sacrifice a lot for our freedom and are often not noticed at all.

Places we're going and people we're seeing . . .
We are having dinner with some neighbors on Thursday but nothing big for a couple of weeks!!

My favorite thing this week was . . .
On Sunday evening, (yesterday) we got to go to my dad's church for a packing party for Operation Christmas Child.  They collect items all year and then they get together and assemble and wrap shoe boxes in November.

I'm reading . . .
I am actually in between books right now!  I picked some up last weekend but they were in the van until this morning.

I'm grateful for . . .
My husband's job that allows me to stay home and school our kids.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share . . .
http://www.booksshouldbefree.com/
This is the site that we have been listening to audio books from.  So helpful!!


I have linked up with http://www.ihomeschoolnetwork.com/

I could not get the graphic to add - maybe next week.  There it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment